The Istanbul EDITION 50 Stars Hotel in Istanbul Istanbul
Customers' Rating: 50 over 5 stars
Address: Buyukdere Caddesi No: 136 Levent 34330 Istanbul Turkey
Telephone: 00 1 888-236-2427
Other names of hotel: The Istanbul Edition Hotel
Your comments for this hotel: (You may also write your opinion on this hotel, and then use these comments to decide on which hotel to book)
Other guests' reviews selected for you:
Age: 35-49 from Dubai,
Reviewed on July 16, 2012
"Live it up like a Rockstar"Rate:  5 Stars
Stunning room interiors worthy of an Armani bachelor pad. B&O TV, phones and electronic controls for everything you could possibly imagine, from the Jacuzzi curtain, to the mood lights and more. I-pod dock and player on the bedside table as well as generous selection of midsize beverage bottles on offer at your mini bar. The living room is stylish yet comfortable in brown and sandy hues with black accents. The toilet couldnâ€™t have been better set up: a plush off-white Corian water basin overlaps a contemporary bathtub flanked by a separate shower room of sizable proportion and a WC and Bidet room, both with their own semi-opaque doors, all overlooking the bedroom with a tasteful curtain and glass wall as a separator. Food ordered via Room Service was very good, but the real standout features of this hotel have to be the staff responsiveness and friendliness.
The desk manager was extremely helpful and we were very grateful for his room upgrade. All the staff spoke English well, which is a rarity in Istanbul, and the concierge was throughout throughout.
The only down side was the location, although the metro was right under the hotel and the fact that the signature restaurant and club were closed for the season. But then again, when you are living it up on a reasonable budget, location is no longer so important. I would definitely stay there again.
Room tip: The suites on the 10th floor and above are spacious, opulent in a contemporary sense and come with g...
Stayed at July 2012
Reviewed on September 15, 2012
"Amazing hotel. Excellent service. Adorable staff."Rate:  5 Stars
Nothing more to say then its an amazing hotel, modern contemporary design. 8 minutes away from Taksim by metro which can be taken right next to the hotel. Excellent service and staff. Its my favourite until now.......
Stayed at September 2012
from London, United Kingdom
Reviewed on September 12, 2012
"NOW the BAD"Rate:  2 Stars
I have written the good review about this hotel before at this site and here is the bad one.
This seems like to be trend at the hotels in Istanbul and Edition is not an exception it looks like it - Once achieving good service it deteriorates in time. On the other hand, the rooms and hotel`s design is still same and it is very clean.
- Staff is careless and do not pay attention for guests` requirements (even for the ones stored at the regular profiles - having stayed in this hotel multiple times i can see that this is a common practice)
- Hotel service is rather fake and as a result it sometimes feel like they try too hard to smile but solve nothing or provide no additional comfort - just annoyance. See my hotel review in Rome (Boscolo Palace Roma, Autograph Collection) - after that one (which is at similar rates/category); Edition deserves a mere 2 star review. I suggest Edition staff and managers to be trained there.
- Breakfast is standard but very expensive $45 USD per head at the time of the review (SEP 2012).
- There is no executive lounge.
- No benefits for Platinum members (no gift and no free breakfast albeit not having a lounge) - this is not described on the official website or in the booking confirmation. This wasn`t the case before.
- No coffee/tea making facilities - hotels at this range usually dont have one but provide coffee/tea at reception.
- Since there is no taxi rank at the hotel, they get one from the road which are very shabby and can be dangerous. This is unacceptable for such hotel. Its better to get to one of the shopping malls that are close-by and use their taxis or wait for them to call another one. You get hotel taxi ranks in all the other major Istanbul hotels.
- Check in process is rather slow (15mins at times) and strangely there is no traditional reception - this is okay only if desks are staffed at all times.
- One side of the hotel looks at the one of the largest cemeteries in Istanbul and other to residential areas - so you are not getting any nice views which is a shame for such a picturesque city.
Stayed at September 2012
Reviewed on August 30, 2012
"Stylish Home Away from Home (with amazing service)"Rate:  5 Stars
My family and I stayed at the Edition Hotel while in town for my cousin`s wedding in Istanbul, and it truly became our (very stylish) home away from home, which is L.A. The service was out of this world and made us not want to leave! Everything was absolutely perfect, including the service (room service, concierge, and front desk). Every restaurant recommendation the concierge made was fantastic. The look, feel and decor of the hotel was stylish, chic; everything was super new and it was a pleasure to come back to our rooms at the end of the day. The food at the daily morning breakfast included with our room was delicious. The part that stood out above everything for us though was, as mentioned, the service. All of the staff there went above and beyond to provide us with whatever we needed, learned all our names and would greet us as we came to and went from the hotel. Sami in particular was attentive, helpful and by far the most kind and professional hotel staff person we have ever met. If we ever find ourselves in Istanbul again, we will definitely be staying at the Edition, and if you go, you should do the same.
Stayed at August 2012
from San Diego, California
Reviewed on July 27, 2012
"Absolutely Stunning Luxury and Service"Rate:  5 Stars
I have never stayed at a hotel as perfect as the Edition. It is gorgeous and amazing in every way. I loved the rooms, the spa, the security, the location, the service. The Edition is modern luxury with fabulous techy features- buttons to close the blinds, flat screens, etc. The shower, the tub, the vanity are all a work of art. Go online and look! The spa is the most exquisite feature of the entire hotel. The pool was a work of art!
The service was unlike any I had every experienced before, even in the highest levels of luxury hotels.
The neighborhood... Harvey Nichols, Wagamama, Zara, Dukkan Burger, along with a specialty bakery that makes french macarons and a delicacy shop with dried fruits, nuts, and turkish candies.
Getting from Levent area to the Sulthanamet was easy and cheap. I would so much rather haste stayed in Levent than in the old quarter. My trip to Istanbul was a perfect mix of modern and old world. The Edition was a KEY part of that. The staff would do anything for their guests.
Love love love...
Stayed at October 2011